10 Things to Observe When Visiting Seniors
As your loved ones get older, it’s important to look out for some warning signs to see if they need some extra help. If someone seems to need extra assistance, don’t be afraid to speak up, reach out and start the tough, but important, conversation about what additional care or new living arrangements are best.
Watch for these signs, in particular, to see if your elderly loved one is in need of extra support:
- A loss of interest in activities or hobbies that they once enjoyed
- Driving skills starting to diminish and worsen with age
- Poor grooming and lack of personal hygiene
- Unopened mail or past due bills
- Showing a difficulty in walking, a lack of mobility, or increase in accidents and falls
- Forgetfulness with taking of medications
- Showing changes in personality and/or sudden mood changes
- Spoiled food or a lack of food in the refrigerator
- New signs of depression or forgetfulness
- Poor housekeeping or maintenance and unsafe living conditions
If you are caring for aging parents or loved ones who can’t live alone, Enlivant can help you understand your options. The important thing to realize is that you have many options, but the earlier you have the conversation, the more options you do have. Contact Enlivant and schedule a free home visit if you want additional help in determining what your loved one needs.