6 Mother's Day Activities for Seniors
No matter her age, every mother just wants to spend quality time with the people she cares about most on Mother’s Day. Whether you are having a family brunch or taking a simple walk in the park, having quality mother-child time will mean a lot to your mom.
To help you have a special day, here are some suggestions of what to do for Mother’s Day. Even if one of these ideas may not sound perfect for her, this list is sure to get your creative juices flowing and help you think of something she’ll enjoy.
1. Enjoy a meal at mom’s favorite restaurant or cook her favorite meal. This is the perfect opportunity to take your senior mother to her favorite spot in town for some delicious food. If your mother would prefer to stay at home, cooking an old family recipe or your mom’s favorite meal together is a great thing to do for Mother’s Day!
2. Go for a picnic. Since the warm weather has arrived, get outside and prepare a picnic for you and your mom. It’s a great way to catch up, get some fresh air and eat some delicious food that you know that you both will enjoy.
3. Tap into her favorite hobbies. Everyone has something they are passionate about or just simply like doing, so find something that you know your mom will love and do it together. If your mother is an art-lover, take her to a museum, if she likes sports take her to a baseball game, or if she simply likes spending time with the family, organize a family get together.4. Play cards or a board game. Spending the time playing a card or board game can be therapeutic, relaxing, and not to mention fun. Choose a game that you both like and get the chance to catch up at the same time.
5. Bake some delicious treats to enjoy throughout the day. Embrace the holiday and bake some delicious treats with your mother; cakes, brownies, or cookies. Baking itself is a fun activity to enjoy with a loved one, but even better that you can enjoy the baked goods later on in the day while sitting down and catching up.
6. Watch a movie. There’s nothing better than to sit back and relax in front of a nice movie. Check out a matinee at the movie theatre or enjoy a movie at home with some homemade popcorn. Enjoy your time together and watch your favorite movie or television show.
Choose some of these Mother’s Day activity ideas and celebrate a special day with your senior loved one. Remember, it won’t matter what you do, just spending the time with your loved one will make it memorable.