Winning Ham Loaf Recipe
We asked our assisted living dining staff to call on their culinary skills and face off against other chefs in the Enlivant family. Kurt Wilson of Walker Place won for his Glazed Ham Loaf recipe. Try this delicious creation at home!
Servings: 35 (4 oz. portions)
• 4 ½ lb. Pit Ham (Ground fine in food processor)
• 2 ½ lbs. Ground Sausage
• 8 Eggs
• 2 cups Bread Crumbs
• 1½ cups Pineapple Juice
• 1½ tbs. Dried Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and form into loafs.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
4. Bake for 15 min then start to baste with marinade.
Ham Loaf Glaze Marinade
• 1 ½ cups Brown Sugar
• 3 Tbs. Dried Mustard
• 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
• 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
2. Baste ham loaf every 15 min until internal temp is 160 degrees.
Tips to help seniors weather the winter in good health and good spirits.
Retiring chef Shirley Straw shares her secret apple crisp recipe.
Read what questions you should ask to find the perfect assisted living community for your loved one.