Benefits of Assisted Living
What’s best for your senior parent or loved one? What environment will best support their overall health and wellness? Where will they be happiest? These are tough questions many families have to ask themselves. The answers are different for each family and situation.
To help guide your decision, keep in mind some of these key benefits of assisted living and the services assisted living facilities provide.
1. Social life. It’s not uncommon for seniors to become isolated as they get older. Isolation in seniors can lead to a host of problems from depression to poor health, mobility issues and more. In assisted living, residents become part of a loving, supportive community. They’re surrounded by people their own age and have many opportunities to socialize and enjoy the company of others.
2. Increased activity. As we age, it’s more important than ever to remain active. Assisted living residents are offered numerous indoor and outdoor activities from gardening to yoga, and cultural events. Many assisted living communities offer transportation, so seniors can go on excursions or visit the store or doctor’s office.
3. Safety and peace of mind. Family members no longer have to worry about their loved one falling, being scammed, getting lost, eating healthfully or taking the wrong medication. We take every measure to ensure our residents are safe and secure.
4. Assistance with daily living activities. It’s important for seniors to retain their independence, yet also have the assistance they need. We provide residents with help, only as needed, with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing or eating.
5. Better nutrition. Great food and nutrition are important for your senior loved one. At Enlivant, seniors get both. Our award-winning chefs prepare delicious meals that also meet the dietary needs and personal preferences of each resident.
6. Reduced stress. We find that assisted living reduces stress and improves quality of life for everyone. Seniors enjoy their independence while getting care and support; and families no longer worry about meeting all their loved one’s needs.
Assisted living enables seniors to enjoy social contact, security and support while still maintaining their independence. If you’d like to learn more about senior care benefits and assisted living at Enlivant or if you need help determining what your loved one needs, click here to schedule a free home visit.
Look out for these signs.
Here are a few tips for talking to your loved one about making a change.