Veteran Enlivant Chef Shares Her Secret Apple Crisp Recipe
Shirley’s Apple Crisp
- 6-8 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Sugar or Splenda (to taste)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped topping or ice cream, if desired
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup flour
- Cook apples, sugar (or Splenda), cinnamon, and water over medium heat until apples are softened, about 10 minutes. Add cornstarch to thicken.
- Spray 9x13 pan and add apple mixture.
- Mix together topping in a medium sized bowl. Add to apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until apples are done.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Senior depression can occur when feeling isolated or lonely. Read our tips on ways to best prevent senior loneliness so you can keep your loved ones happy.
Managing your own future needs as a caregiver can be difficult. Read our financial planning tips to aid in your retirement planning goals.