Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Seniors
Mother’s Day is around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about what to get mom (or stepmom, grandma, aunt, friend, or any influential woman in your life!). Below are some great Mother's Day gift ideas for grandmas and moms.
- Coloring books. Coloring books aren’t just child’s play – they are beneficial to adults as well! Coloring strengthens focus and creativity and can have similar effects to meditation when it comes to relieving stress. With today’s selection, you won’t be hard up for fun themes and patterns your mom will love. Don’t forget the colored pencils!
- Weighted blanket. These comforting blankets are a great gift idea for any mom experiencing sleep issues as they age. The weight of the blanket helps sleep come easier and reduces stress and anxiety at bedtime.
- Fitness tracker. The benefits of physical exercise, especially in older women, are undeniable. A Fitbit or fitness tracker can help motivate mom to hit her fitness goals every day and feel stronger.
- Plants. Most moms will receive flowers for Mother’s Day, but plants last way longer! Plant companions are good to talk to and help purify the air in your mom’s space. Opt for plants that don’t need much upkeep, like succulents or a Peace Lily.
- Custom jewelry. Engrave a loving sentiment into a bracelet or personalize a locket so mom can always be reminded of how loved she is.
As mom and grandma transition through their golden years, it’s a good idea to keep gifts thoughtful, small, and easily accessible. They are sure to appreciate these great Mother's Day gifts for seniors.