COVID-19 Information & Updates
As we navigate this unprecedented time, we have taken further precautions across all Enlivant communities to help protect the safety and health our residents and employees.
- Discontinued organized community outings and community events.
- Regularly monitoring all residents for symptoms of COVID-19 and partnering with resident physicians.
- Adjusting admissions guidelines to adhere to CDC screening recommendations and other safety protocols.
- Enhanced the rigor and frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing efforts.
- Established protocols to ensure continuous supply of food, equipment, prescriptions, and all other supplies.
- Conducted additional training with team members following CDC recommendations, focusing on proper handwashing, housekeeping, and disinfecting.
- Retrained our team on standard infection control precautions policies and procedures in the event a resident or employee may show signs of illness.
- Screening employees for signs or risk-factors of COVID-19 before each shift.
- Making continued updates to policies to prohibit work for any employee that feels ill or has symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Requiring use of masks by all employees and essential visitors while in the community, supplied by Enlivant.
- Prohibiting all non-essential visitors from entering our communities.
- Screening all approved essential (medical) visitors for signs or risk-factors of COVID-19 before each time they enter our community.
- Restricting deliveries to non-resident areas of the building.
- Utilizing virtual options to continue engaging with our trusted partners.
We continue to update procedures in accordance with evolving guidance from the CDC and local and state health organizations, and provide ongoing briefings to staff on procedures to follow should they or someone they are in close contact with test positive for COVID-19.
Should we learn of a confirmed case in one of our communities, we adjust our protocols to ensure the safety & health of the employees & residents in the community. These efforts are above and beyond those we articulated in above and include, but are not limited to:
- Isolating assisted living and independent living residents to their apartments, including in-room dining services and activities;
- Recognizing memory care is a highly specialized environment that requires additional considerations to keep residents safe on an individual basis, we are isolating memory care residents to the memory care unit, serving all meals on disposable dishware, and limiting activities;
- Using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees & residents in accordance with guidance from the CDC;
- Increased monitoring of all residents for signs and symptoms of COVID-19;
- Continuing to partner with local and state health departments; and
- Putting a hold on admissions.
We are continually evaluating and assessing our protocols based on evolving guidance from the CDC as well as local & state health departments, with an unrelenting focus on the safety and health of our residents and employees.
Please click here to read our prior updates we’ve provided.
Please click here to see our Facebook page.